Next week we will deliver another Apprentice Development Week for Ford. We have delivered apprentice training to them for over 20 years, and have refined our delivery over this time to ensure that we offer effective courses.
Our approach recognises that apprentices learn best in a blended learning environment. We combine indoor training with outdoor problem solving & activities to maximise learning on these apprentice programmes.
On the development programme the apprentices will stay at our residential outdoor centre, ensuring they have maximum exposure to our experienced tutors and trainers.
Our programme includes:
- On-site problems and challenges at the delivery venue, both indoors and outdoors
- Problem solving throughout the programme, using both physical and paperwork based problems
- Orienteering and Navigation based tasks for clue finding on-site and off-site
- Outdoor Adventurous Activities to provide challenge, personal development, new experiences and to build team skills, as well as contributing to the overall build-up of complexity for the week
- Review of problem solving exercises and the event as a whole to capture learning using an Experiential Learning approach
- Some elements of learning, development and team theory, delivered in a practical and usable way
- Preparation of a formal learning presentation by the Apprentices for visiting Managers from the workplace
- Action planning for the future, building on the learning from the event
Despite Storm Doris doing its best to dampen spirits the apprentices all enjoyed a fantastic week. The apprentices were able to break down barriers and were an effective & cohesive team by the end of the course.
A few photos below give some idea of what the apprentices did during the development week.
Comments made by the apprentices included:
“I can apply this to work – controlling the group, being able to deal with different abilities and people”
“I learnt how to be motivational and inspire others and how to give constructive feedback so that people gain in confidence”
“This week has been good, enjoyable and challenging. It has brought us together and allowed us to meet individual and group aims and expectations, all of which will help back at work”
If you’d like to know more about our development courses please get in touch.