Dragon LNG Leadership Case Study
We’re excited to launch a new Leadership Development Programme for the fantastic team at Dragon LNG. Dragon LNG is a world class terminal based in Pembrokeshire dedicated to reliable and efficient storage of Liquefied Natural Gas. The Senior Management Team were looking for a way to fasttrack the Leadership development of Line Managers and Supervisors within the plant and have elected to embark on this 12 month Leadership Development Programme from their site in Wales.
Some of the objectives for the leadership programme are:
- Gain understanding of the skills and mind-set required to lead strategically within the organisation
- Clarity of the role of the Line Manager, its place within the organisation and the skills required to undertake the role
- A clear understanding of accountability and responsibility in a Leader and the ability to resolve issues quickly
- Certainty on best practice leadership behaviours and employee behaviours that Leaders will promote on an ongoing basis
- Learning which will enable Leaders to be highly effective Leaders as well as Managers
- Key skills that support Change Management and Organisational Development, enabling Line Managers to be enthusiastic, provide solutions, understand the bigger picture and support Senior Managers in their roles
This 12 month leadership programme will see leaders learning about themselves as well as the teams they lead on our blended and accelerated learning programme.
Our leadership philosophy for this type of development programme is broken into 3 key modules:
- Leading Self
- Leading Others
- Leading the Organisation
These multi day modules are combined with coaching, action learning sets and ongoing support from senior managers within the company to create a lasting change in the way leaders work with their teams. The programme culminates in an outdoor leadership development event giving the leaders an opportunity to put all the leadership skills they have learned into practice.
For more information on our Leadership programmes click here