With the rise in remote working, being an effective leader has never been more important. Ensuring that you maintain a close relationship with each of your direct reports has become challenging.
Here are some top tips to help you maintain a high performing team:
- Ensure you check in on the whole person during frequent 1:1 sessions, and not just the tasks that they are completing. Everyone is reacting to the stress of the new-normal differently, and being curious is a key tool to deploy.
- Provide reassurance, and direction. During these uncertain times, the goalposts are moving on an almost daily basis. Make sure that you understand what support your team needs, and aim to provide it as soon as it’s been identified.
- Consider which end of the coaching spectrum is most effective for each person. Provide the customised support they need. (If you need help with this, let us know and we’re more than happy to point you in the right direction)
- Provide as much clarity around goals as possible, and feel comfortable admitting when you don’t know something or have an answer to it.
- Look after yourself, and consider your needs as a leader. Seek out development and support if you need it.
For more information on the type of support that we offer to leaders, get in touch with us for a free consultation.